File upload

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Hi,

Could anybody confirm the file upload and download methods with this project  working? The code seems not completed for the upload and download functions?

Many thanks.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I just got file content download working (as a text file). First, download the most recent version (which gives you a solution file instead of a .dll, making it easier to work with. version I used is here: http://wp7dropbox.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/4435

Then, in the following file: [unziped location]\WP7DropBox\WP7DropBox.cs

change the following variable call in the below method from API_ROOT to API_CONTENT_ROOT (the correct version is shown). You need to do this, because API_CONTENT makes the method return the metadata instead of the actual file content.

public void filesget(string path, DownloadProgressChangedEventHandler DownloadProgressChanged, OpenReadCompletedEventHandler OpenReadCompleted)
{
     string requesturl = helper.OAuthRequestUrl(API_CONTENT_ROOT + API_FILES + path.Replace(" ", "%20") + "/", new List<string>());

}

You then want to use login information to create a token (as described here http://wp7dropbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=User%20log%20in&referringTitle=Documentation). Below is my code, obviously I have cut out my personal dropbox data, you will need to add your own. My code also assumes you are downloading the content of a text file, if your file type is different you should post a reply below if it is working. (code is in following post)

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Hopefully this helps people, if you have questions feel free to post them below, but I am by no means an expert (just a curious student). I also need to thank Den Delimarsky and his post http://dotnet.dzone.com/articles/working-files-windows-phone-7?mz=27249-windowsphone7 for helping me with understand decoding a file. now for the code (for some reason the code inserting control is not working, so please forgive the plain text)

using System.Net;
using System.Windows;
using l3v5y.Dropbox;
using System.Text;

void getFiles(string path)
        {
            if(path.Contains(".txt"))
            {
                myDropbox.filesget(path, new DownloadProgressChangedEventHandler(downloadProgressChanged), new OpenReadCompletedEventHandler(txtReadCompleted));
            }
            else if (path.Contains(".jpg"))
            {
                myDropbox.filesget(path, new DownloadProgressChangedEventHandler(downloadProgressChanged), new OpenReadCompletedEventHandler(imgReadCompleted));
            }
        }

void downloadProgressChanged(object sender, DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            TestingTextBlock1.Text = e.TotalBytesToReceive.ToString();
            DownloadSlider.Value = e.ProgressPercentage;
        }

void txtReadCompleted(object sender, OpenReadCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Error == null)
            {
                long length = e.Result.Length;
                byte[] decoded = new byte[length];
                e.Result.Read(decoded, 0, (int)length);
                TestingTextBlock2.Text = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetString(decoded, 0, (int)length);
            }
            else
            {
                TestingTextBlock2.Text = e.Error.Message;
            }
        }

void imgReadCompleted(object sender, OpenReadCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Error == null)
            {
                WriteableBitmap myImage = new WriteableBitmap(1600, 1200);
                myImage.LoadJpeg(e.Result);
                testingImage.Source = myImage;
            }
            else
            {
                TestingTextBlock2.Text = e.Error.Message;
            }
        }

//event handler called to start the download
private void Testingbutton_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
    getFiles("/directory/textFile.txt"); //also would work with getFiles("/directory/image.jpg")
}

I am using a slider to display how much of the file is downloaded, and the two textblocks to display the file size and then the file content. hopefully this helps some people!

EDIT: this assumes the text file you are looking for is in "Dropbox/directory" and is named "textFile.txt" obviously update that for your own files

EDIT2: method now works with jpgs also, and will convert them into writeable bitmap images, as essentially no conversion is needed